Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Making Plans

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a planner. So naturally, Gard and I have been making all sorts of plans for our life together (knowing full well that life never goes according to plan). We have a lot of similar ideas about things we'd like to do, but there is one thing we can't seem to agree on: motorcycles. He loves them, I hate them. Luckily we got that worked out over g-chat today.

me: i wish you could watch this Sunday Morning with me right now
Gard: me too! what are you learning about?
me: it's about a 100 year old ski racer who rides a motorcycle
Gard: what?? how did they interview me in the future?
me: ha. you can have a motorcycle when you turn 100
Gard: before then
like 80
at the latest
me: ok, 80
Gard: but only if you're not still around
me: ok, fair
Gard: i'm buying one the day you check out
me: i'll leave a motorcycle for you in my will
Gard: haha
me: fine by me
Gard: ok
me: deal
Gard: no point hanging out by myself
me: you can ride your motorcycle around
and then it won't be as much of a tragedy when you get run over
Gard: haha
me: because you'll be coming to see me
Gard: thanks hun
me: you're welcome

6 comments:

Shea McGee said...

Interestingly enough, we've had this exact same conversation.

noelle regina said...

i love love.

nrozier said...

Motorcycles are fun! Tell Gard he can just borrow Brian's.

Nate and Julie said...

We've had a similar conversation. Whenever Nate talks about motorcycles I tell him the saying "over my dead body" is very literal in this case!

Richard said...

Little Whip strikes again.

Julee said...

I have been thinking about you lately but haven't checked the blog in a while. I knew it! when you asked for my address (I'll send it later).
YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!